Monday, January 30, 2012

And so continues this crazy winter-2012-in Maine.............


One minute................

snow...........................
two days later................
leaves and remnants of green grass.......



then raindrops................

another little dusting of snow............



thrown into the mix is the dreaded ICE...........


none of us like the ice or snow..........



Love these wreaths that some of my horsey friends put up!  Hope to figure out how to make one for my niece next year!!
finally getting some birds though......love the chickadees especially...
Yo....speak for yourselves chickies....some of us love snow......especially when daddy is home to teach me new stuff.....!




 and this is what I think of that............the end.........!!



10 comments:

Daryl said...

Beautiful photos of our crazy Maine winter! Can you tell me about the lovely bottles on sticks in the snow bank? I love them! Your grand baby is so cute I showed pictures to my whole family. Daryl

Lynne said...

Fabulous photos Rain . . . I bet the little one is happy to have daddy home!

TexWisGirl said...

it is a crazy winter for so many across the country!

Debbie said...

Great photos Rain.....even winter has some great things to photograph!

Skogkjerring said...

Oh I love the chickens...I always wanted chickens but the Captain said no and I actually listened...funny that!!! Hahahaha.....
Winter is so weird this year and it´s good to know it´s not just weird in Norway...but that dreaded ice is the worst of all the winter evils...ugh...it´s a nightmare to drive here right now- nothing but ice on the roads...horrible!!!
Do you let your chickens out in the snow or do they prefer to stay in?
Have a great evening!!

Michaele said...

These were wonderful photos! Same thing going on here - but I like it all since there is not too much of any.

Lady Jane said...

Great photos Rain!!! I am loving this winter so far. Im with you no snow no ice only once in a while... LJ

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Love your blog! It has been a weird winter. I'm crazy over those horse wreaths - those are so cool!

Thanks for linking up with Rural Thursdays!

Nancy said...

This weather has been so strange this year... we haven't had much snow or rain at all.

I love your chickens -- is that a black cochin in the last photo? I used to have one and loved her.

Your blog is wonderfully interesting and I want to thank you for sharing at Rural Thursday today. Have a wonderful day! :)

Clint Baker said...

Love your pics and your blog!