Friday, April 22, 2011

Six days away ~refreshes body & soul.......

Back to the rainy coast of Maine!

I love this tiny post office down the coast a ways from me!

This was last summer-I love how they kept mason jars of flowers on the step!

It was closed the day we were in Blue Hill waiting for our mom at the hospital-I would have loved meeting the postmistress or master!!  One of my best in laws is the post mistress at a post office in Husitonick Mass!

My brother Andy
Cause it's nice to go away to revive yourself--but it's oh so nice to come home!!   To the Berkshire mountains in Mass. to visit wonderful in-laws and then New Hampshire Mts for a few days to scrapbook-a luxury!!-post about it to follow!!!

6 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

looks like a great place to visit! :) love the mason jars of flowers - thanks for pointing that out!

Larkrise garden girl said...

Wonderful pictures! What a great place to live. Cheri

Lili said...

Hey there, we're not too far from Blue Hill either. I saw in a comment you left over at Mainely Ewes that you're a vegetarian...I've been one for 16 years, except when we moved back to Maine 8 years ago I started eating fish again. Have a great Easter Rain! ~Lili

Mary Ann said...

I have never been to the Northeast, but I love your pictures. Found you on Farm Friend Friday, and I'm so glad! The goat pictures were wonderful, too!

Kritter Keeper at Farm Tails said...

hello there, i love the old post office! it looks so 'new englandy'. my ancestors are all from vermont and massachusetts mostly dairy farmers. your goat sweaters are too cute! i hope you'll visit sometime soon and i look forward in following you! have a great weekend!

Sherry Sutherby http://russ-stickacres.blogspot.com/ said...

Wonderful post. I felt like I was right there... So glad I stumbled upon your Blog. I'll be back...